Pam Thomas is a Chief Change Officer & Intuitive who loves encouraging others to bring their own flavor to the recipes called Life and Business. She has over a decade of experience in helping others stand up and out in positive ways personally and professionally.
Back to Blog
“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin
Ain’t that truth?!
Have you ever noticed that if you are having a bad day, it seems like a string of mishaps parade themselves single file in front of you?
You have a favorite outfit that you love to wear. You think you look great in it. One morning you decide to wear your favorite outfit but because you’re in a crap mood, your favorite outfit becomes your most hated.
Ever have that happen?
I know I have.
Our perception makes a huge difference in how we see the world around us. You see, our brains don’t know fact from fiction so it relies on us to tell it what’s up. With that said, I thought it might be fun to compile a list of perception shifters. Things we can all do when we need a little positive energy infusion.
1. Fly like an eagle
“Your attitude is your altitude. It determines how high you fly.” – Anonymous
Since attitude is a choice we get to choose ours… hot or cold, good or bad, positive or negative, it's all down to us. How cool is that?
Making a deliberate choice will impact how we show up and the experiences we will have each day.
How high will you fly today?
2. If you’re ever in a place of fear, rather than ignore it and hope that it goes away, shed some light on it. I like to ask myself the following questions when fear enters the scene…
What is the worst thing that could possibly happen? Then what? Then what?
(I ask until I’m all “then whated” out.)
3. Nine out of 10 people don't notice imperfections unless they’re pointed out.
4. Even the smallest act of kindness can make a huge difference in not only someone else's day, but our own. Doing something kind helps to shift a perception and energy.
5. Clearing out the things that no longer serve us makes room for the things that will and do. What are you tolerating right now? A messy desk? A broken door? A cluttered office? The good stuff is just waiting around the corner for some space to be cleared.
6. Copping an attitude of gratitude is a great perception shifter. It’s hard to see negative when we’re focusing on the positives that are surrounding us.
7. We all have the power to choose; to choose our words, our actions, our behaviors, and how we wish to show up in the world. What's even better, when we create awareness we create even more power to choose.
8. If we want something bad enough, the key is to want it and not to chase it or force it to happen. Anything chased often runs the opposite direction. Instead of chasing, let’s try doing things to invite whatever it is we want in.
9. We don’t have control over what others think so it’s truly none of our business what other people think of us. It is our business what we think of ourselves.
10. There’s no such thing as rejection. Rejection is just the Universe’s way of protecting us from something that wouldn’t be a good fit for us…a way to make room for something that will be an awesome fit.
What shifts your perception when it needs shifting? Please do feel free to share some of your own perception shifters!
Until next time, I wish you much love and light!