For the past two weeks I was feeling stuck. Not able to move. Lacking focus and motivation. Things just weren’t flowing and the side effects were low energy and just a “blah” feeling. At first I blamed it on Mercury Retrograde, but in all actuality there’s really no blame to be placed. It just was, what it was. And since it didn’t seem to be going anywhere any time soon, I was left to deal.
In the past when I’ve been stuck I would try just about anything to force myself out of that stuck-ness. For example, I’d try finding out why I was stuck. I’d analyze it to death. Want to talk about a complete energy drain?
I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that forcing the stuck-ness to go away has never really worked. So this time I needed and wanted to do something different. (I’m reminded of Einstein’s quote; “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.)
This time, this is what I tried and I’m happy to say it has worked.
1) Just being with my stuck-ness. Sitting with it. Just being with something that doesn’t feel good is sometimes really hard for me. (The little fixer in me wants to “fix it” by doing something about it.) In just being with it, it reduced the pressure to fix it and it helped me to not feel so “bad” about being stuck.
2) I used my stuck-ness as a reprieve. Yep, I gave myself permission to use it as a break. I’ve been unearthing a lot of stuff lately (as a part of my commitment to my own personal development) so a break was definitely needed.
3) I meditated more which helped me to quiet the little fixer in me.
4) I pulled out my trusty journal and wrote about it. I didn’t write about why I thought I was stuck. I just wrote down my feelings around being stuck. Writing always helps me to move energy.
5) And just today (because I was feeling some stuck residue), I did some Reiki on myself which helped me to regain some grounding and focus.
So, my lovelies…I ask you this, the next time you feel well and truly stuck, what will you do? Please feel free to share.
In the meantime, I send you love, light, and lots of joy…